This trailer takes a look at the overall Final Fantasy XV universe, including both products already released and those coming soon.
- Brotherhood (the anime)
- Kingsglaive (the movie)
- Episode Gladiolus
- Episode Prompto
- Episode Ignis (coming in December)
- the Comrades multiplayer expansion (October 31)
- Monster of the Deep (the VR fishing game, November 21)
- the Final Fantasy XV PC version (early 2018)
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (chibi mobile version, autumn 2017)
- King’s Knight: Wrath of the Dark Dragon (vaguely part of the FFXV universe as an in-universe mobile game)
- a free update that increases your hunt capacity and adds additional story content.
Episode Ignis might be interesting and looks like it will expand Ravus’s role, and it will certainly be nice to take on more than one hunt, but the free story content is the stand-out announcement here.
This is a very small part of the trailer, starting at 2:16.
In this part, we see Ifrit, Shiva, and scenes between Luna and Gentiana.
While we don’t know how extensive this story content will be, it sounds perfect. Ifrit’s lore is incredibly vague in the game, which means he seems to show up for no apparent reason. A clearer understanding of his motivations and the backstory of him and Shiva should greatly help Final Fantasy XV’s story.
Luna’s role in the game was also lacking, so a greater look at her journey will also be helpful.
All we need now is more information about Ardyn… although it seems like we’ll have to wait for a new product for that.
Really, Ifrit’s backstory alone would be a fantastic addition to Final Fantasy XV, so adding Shiva and Luna content on top of that makes this sound like an excellent update. What do you want to see in the new story update for Final Fantasy XV?
And if you want posts like this delivered straight to your inbox, enter your email in the box below to subscribe!