Final Fantasy XV has three DLC episodes out (along with a multiplayer expansion), more DLC on the way, free updates with gameplay changes and additional lore, and… now a Royal Edition on the way.
The Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, as well as the PC version, will be out on March 6. In addition to the main game, it includes:
- The three DLC episodes and the multiplayer expansion
- An expanded explorable map for the Insomnia City Ruins, with side quests and special enemies
- A controllable Royal Vessel boat that lets you explore between Cape Caem and Altissia
- A powerful “Armiger Unleashed” option once you collect all the royal arms
- A first-person camera mode
- Weapons, car skins, and items
- New myths and legends about the world, along with an Archive where you can review all of the Cosmogony stories you’ve seen
- Quests to strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New trophies/achievements
If you already own Final Fantasy XV, you’ll be able to upgrade to the Royal Edition by buying the Royal Pack. The price for upgrading was initially reported as $19.99, but Square Enix says that was a mistake and the price hasn’t been announced yet.
I’m not sure how I feel about this. I generally don’t mind DLC, “definitive editions,” and similar things, but since Final Fantasy XV felt rushed and/or incomplete at launch, it’s a little frustrating. I’m happy that they’re slowly fixing Final Fantasy XV, but it also makes me wish it had some of this stuff at the start.
Plus they’ve given no indication that the new DLC content will be included in this. That might be part of a second Season Pass.
Still, I have to admit… part of me is still hopeful that Final Fantasy XV will eventually become the game I hoped it would be when I started it.
How do you feel about the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition? Are you planning to get this additional content?
(On a side note, one of the casualties of the site disaster was the “related posts” section at the bottom. It was nice while it lasted…)Like this post? Tell your friends!
And if you want posts like this delivered straight to your inbox, enter your email in the box below to subscribe!