You overwhelmingly asked for it in my poll, and so here it is: our first ever Celebrating All Things Romantic event!
While I might have most of my publications in the horror genre, I do write some romance as well. One of my first fiction publications was a Christmas romance story called “A Special Present” in the anthology Love Under the Mistletoe.
It really became my niche in the indie game writing world, however. Most notably, I wrote the script for Ascendant Hearts, a romantic comedy visual novel available now on both Steam and the Nintendo eShop.
As you’ve probably guessed, Celebrating All Things Romantic is going to be a lot like Celebrating All Things Spooky, which we do every October, except focused on romance games instead of horror games. Since this is the first time, it might not run as smoothly (can I play & review as many romance games in a month as I do horror games?), but let’s get down to the details!
2020’s Celebrating All Things Romantic Contest
That’s right, I’m doing a contest as usual, and the available prizes are:
- Ascendant Hearts (gift sent through Steam)
- Hatoful Boyfriend (gift sent through Steam)
- Steins;Gate (gift sent through Steam)
- Muv-Luv (gift sent through Steam)
- $15 sent through PayPal
- You pick a game for me to review!
If you choose the review option, your chosen game must be something I either own or is easily obtainable, which you can discuss with me beforehand. It must be a single game, not a collection (although the chosen game can be part of a collection). I will start playing it in March.
Rules and Scoring
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only comments made between February 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM EST and February 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST will be counted.
- 1 non-spam, non-anonymous comment on any blog post here = 1 point.
- 1 non-spam, non-anonymous comment on a Celebrating All Things Romantic blog post = 2 points.
- You must use an email address or website URL (or include another way of contacting you) in your comment so I can contact you if you win.
- You must have at least 10 points at the end of the month to win.
- The person with the most points will get their first pick of the prizes. The person with the second most points will pick second, and so on, until all prizes have been given out.
- The winner will be contacted by March 2, 2020.
Once again, I’m pretty much following the Celebrating All Things Spooky format. Any questions? Ask in the comments!
Now let’s see if we can make this celebration a thing.---
If you want posts like this delivered straight to your inbox, enter your email in the box below to subscribe!