Welcome back to another… well, last year it was called Celebrating All Things Romantic, but in light of the fact that we do not in fact celebrate all things romantic, only romance-themed video games, I’ve renamed it!
The celebration’s tentative new name is Valentine Video Games Festival, but if you can think of an exciting v-word for the end, do let me know.
(I considered Valentine Video Games Vacation, but “vacation” just didn’t seem to fit. …I was calling it Visiting Valentine’s Day Video Games up until about five minutes before publishing the post.)
Anyway, this celebration is not quite as exciting yet as our annual horror celebration yet, but it still includes a month of reviews and prizes to win!
My work in the romance genre is still growing, and includes a short story in the Christmas romance collection Love Under the Mistletoe, the isekai visual novel Ascendant Hearts (PC/Switch), the supernatural otome The Last Act, and other visual novels you can find on my list of games.
Moving on to this year’s contest, some things have changed since last year, so be sure to read everything carefully.
The available prizes are:
- LoveKami -Divinity Stage- (Steam code)
- LoveKami -Useless Goddess- (Steam code)
- Ascendant Hearts (gift sent through Steam)
- The Last Act (gift sent through Steam)
- Nekopara bundle (gift sent through Steam)
- Adventure of a Lifetime (gift sent through Steam)
- $15 sent through PayPal
- You pick a game for me to review!
- …and possibly more game prizes to be added throughout the month!
If you choose the review option, your chosen game must be something I either own or is easily obtainable, which you can discuss with me beforehand. It must be a single game, not a collection (although the chosen game can be part of a collection). I will start playing it in March.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only comments made between February 2, 2022 at 12:00 PM EST and February 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST will be counted.
- 1 non-spam, non-anonymous comment on any Valentine Video Games Festival blog post = 1 point.
- Comments on past Celebrating All things Romantic posts also qualify.
- You must use an email address or website URL (or include another way of contacting you) in your comment so I can contact you if you win.
- The person with the most points will get their first pick of the prizes. The person with the second most points will pick second, and so on, until all prizes have been given out.
- The winner will be contacted by March 2, 2022.
Valentine’s Day might be partway through February, but you’ve got all month to enjoy reviews, leave comments, and earn points to win a prize at the end! Let’s have a great festival focused on romantic games!---
If you want posts like this delivered straight to your inbox, enter your email in the box below to subscribe!