So, how are we doing with that backlog?
Last year, I had an optimistic hope of completing 100 games in 2023, but I ended with 66 games finished instead. That’s two years in a row I missed the 100-game mark by a fairly wide margin, so this year I’m scaling it back to a more reasonable 75 games.
Meanwhile, out of the 24 specific games I said I wanted to play last year, I finished… 3 of them.
All right, I’ll put the remaining games on my list for this year as well, along with my 5 most-anticipated games of 2024… but if I don’t make significant progress through the list this year either, I think next year will be the time to stop pretending these games are even remotely prioritized.
- Batman: Arkham Knight (followed by Arkham Origins)
- The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (followed by Witcher 3)
- Dragon Quest XI
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- Aurion: Curse of the Kori-Odan
- Dies Irae
- The Great Gaias
- Trails in the Sky SC (followed by Trails in the Sky the 3rd and Trails from Zero)
- Triangle Strategy
- God of War Ragnarok
- The Good Life
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Tokyo Xanadu eX+
- Alan Wake II
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
- Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time
- Metaphor: ReFantazio
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Last year I ended up prioritizing the Yakuza / Like a Dragon series above anything else, finishing four of them instead of the two I had on the list, and I didn’t anticipate finishing the Danganronpa series, either. If last year was my Year of Yakuza, maybe this year can be the Year of Trails?
As expected, my backlog grew terrifying last year due to all of those last-minute 3DS and Wii U eShop purchases, not to mention deals and bundles… but someday, the backlog will be defeated! Let’s see what we can do this year.
Are there any specific games from your backlog you’re hoping to finally play this year?---
If you want posts like this delivered straight to your inbox, enter your email in the box below to subscribe!